The LC-GSSF celebrates, encourages, and supports high school students in Lancaster County who rise above their own personal and financial challenges in order to help others in need. The scholarship is designed to recognize and encourage students who exemplify the character of the Good Samaritan. Though academic achievement matters, other considerations may be more influential in the decisions of the committee.
To apply for the Lancaster County Good Samaritan Scholarship, an applicant must be a JUNIOR and must submit the following:
- A primary application form
- A 250-500 word essay
- A statement of support from your high school guidance counselor
- A high school transcript from your guidance counselor/official document
- Two letters of recommendation that MUST address your volunteer activities: One from a faculty member and one from a community member.
One recommendation should be submitted by a faculty member and the second recommendation should be submitted by a community member who is aware of your volunteer activities.
More information about these items can be found below.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
All items MUST be submitted online via this page.
SEE THE PRIMARY APPLICATION FORM BELOW.
OR…You may take a photo of the QR code on the poster which will take you directly to the application. This poster is also available at your school in the Guidance office and/or posted throughout the school.
The deadline for the Lancaster County Good Samaritan Scholarship is 11:59 p.m. on NOVEMBER 30.
STATEMENT OF SUPPORT BY GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
One recommendation must come from a faculty member of your school and the second recommendation must come from a community member that has knowledge of your volunteerism. Both recommendations may not come from the same source.
- School personnel/ Faculty member
- A community member/ Not a faculty member