Board of Directors
Our Mission: The mission of the Lancaster County Good Samaritan Scholarship Foundation is to provide scholarships and mentoring support to empower high school students who have demonstrated a history of serving others in making our community a better place to live.
The members of our Board of Directors and Advisory Board are made up of Lancaster County educators, community leaders, business people and community volunteers. Our active board helps with candidate selection and fundraising for the foundation. We are proud to introduce our board to the community. Please view the brief description of experience and talents brought to the GSSF from this diverse group of talented volunteers. This section will be updated shortly… New Board members will be joining us soon!
- Retired 2010 LCSD; AJHS: Teacher 34 years
- 1998-Francis Marion University: Education, M.Ed. + 30 Hrs.
- Veterans’ Day Co-ordinator: AJHS 17 years
- Co-Chair: Kershaw Spring-A-Thon, 5 years
- 2010-Business Owner: Event Planner, Wedding Planner
- 1972-Winthrop University: Consumer Ed, Secondary Science, B.S.
- 1994-National Board Certified Teacher
- 1996- Masters of Arts, Early Childhood Ed. – USC
- 1982- B.A.- Early Childhood Ed.
- 1978- Lancaster High School graduate
- Board Member- (past)-Lancaster County First Steps
- Red Rose and New Era Book Club Member
Ryan Jones, JD
- 2017-Present: Associate Attorney- Folks & DeVenny, LLC
- 2016- Law Clerk for Folks & DeVenny, LLC
- 2015- SC House of Representatives, Page
- USC Law School: J.D.
- Coker College: History, B.A.
Julie Bowers, CFNP
Family Nurse Practitioner, M.S. Nursing
- 2011-Present MUSC HEALTH-Primary Care-Richburg
- Awarded– MUSC PRECEPTOR OF THE YEAR
- Cabarrus Memorial Hospital
- School of Nursing; Concord, NC
- Wingate University, Wingate NC
- Graceland University, Independence, MO
Patricia Higgins Clancy
President of Lancaster County Council of the Arts
- 2011-Present: Retired Ballet Instructor
- Chamber of Commerce “Volunteer of the Year”
- Capital City Ballet Company in Sacramento, CA
- Studied with Stuttgart Ballet
- Danced with Mannheim Opera in Mannheim, Germany
- USC: B.A., History
Deborah Cureton, PhD
- Retired 2010
- President: Board of Trustees, Lancaster County Library
- President: Board of Commissioners, Housing Authority of Lancaster, SC
- Vice-President: Educational Foundation of USC-Lancaster
- 1996-2001 USC-L: Associate Dean of Campus; Academic Affairs and Student Affairs
- University of Wisconsin-Madison: Education, Ph.D.
- University of South Carolina: Reading, M.Ed
- University of South Carolina: Education, French B.A.
Youth Development Coordinator, J. Marion Sims Foundation
- 2017-2019: Fellow, J. Marion Sims Foundation
- 2016- Intern, J. Marion Sims Foundation
- Columbia College Graduate
- President- Student Alumnae Ambassadors
- 2014- Present: Project Manager, Black & Veatch Corporation
- USC: B.S.,Biology, Chemistry
- Scout Troop 180 Committee
- Treasurer: Catawba Valley Land Trust
- 2003-2016: Economics Instructor, USC-L
- University of SC: Economics, M.A.
- Wofford College: Business and Economics, B.A.
Rev. Bryant D. Fersner
- 2014- 2019: Director of Missions for Moriah Assoc. of Lancaster County
- Pastor First Baptist Church of Kershaw, SC 25 years
- Southeastern Baptist Seminary: Master of Divinity with Languages and Christian Education
- University of South Carolina: Accounting and Finance, B.S.
- 2017-Current-Technology Instructor, LCSD
- 2017-Chamber of Commerce -“LC Volunteer of the Year”
- 2015-2016- Lancaster County District Teacher of the year
- 2006-2016-Media Specialist Buford Middle School
- Executive Director – Seth’s Hope
- Board Member- Lindsay Pettus Greenway, LC Health & Wellness, LC Library
- Committee Member- J Marion Sims Foundation Horizon Grants
- 2019-Present: Owner, Susan Jordan PA, CPA, LLC
- 2006-2018: CPA and Office Manager for Douglas Burnette PA LLC
- Winthrop University: M.B.A.
- Limestone College: B.S.
- Retired Medical Practice Administrator
- Chamber of Commerce “Volunteer of the Year-2000”
- Horse ‘N’ Around: volunteer bookkeeper
- Secretary/Treasurer: Lancaster Rotary Club
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- 2000- Present: Baptist Foundation of South Carolina
School Advisory Board
- 2017- (Present)-Special Education Teacher, Buford High School
- 2015-2017- Special Education Teacher A.R. Rucker Middle School
- 2015- Graduate of College of Charleston, B.S. Special Education, Recipient of SC Teaching Fellows Scholarship
- Graduate of Andrew Jackson High School
- 2018-Present- Assistant Principal, Indian Land High School
- 2017- M.Ed Leadership, K-12
- 2016-2018- AD, ILHS
- 2015–2016- Assistant, AD, ILHS
- 2010- PE -Health Teacher and Coach, ILHS
- 2014-Celebrate Great Teaching- ILHS, Teacher of the Year
- 2009-Bachelor of Science- Coastal Carolina
- 2001- Present-AJHS Teacher, Social Studies, AP US History
- 2014- Celebrate Great Teaching: High School Teacher of the Year, LCSD
- 2003-2008- Flint Ridge Baptist Church- Minister of Music
- 1998-200- MA- Secondary Ed. , USC
- 1993-1996- BA, Political Science, Economics; Intern for Lieutenant Governor
- 1991-1993- Associate S, USC-Lancaster; Student Body President
- 1991- Graduate of Andrew Jackson High, Kershaw, SC